Thursday 27 February 2014

  • Vasantha Balan on how A R Rahman came into Kaaviya Thalaivan


    Director Vasantha Balan is very passionate about filmmaking and his films are a huge testimony to this. There would always be that ‘X’ factor that will stand out in his films. He is working in Kaaviya Thalaivan now and the film's title design was out a couple of days back.


    Kaaviya Thalaivan is said to be about stage artists of yore like S G Kittappa, K P Sundarambal and their lives. Siddharth, Nasser, Prithviraj play pivotal roles in the film and for the first time A R Rahman scores for a Vasantha Balan film.

    Talking about this, the Veyyil director says, “I knew the canvas of my film will be huge and wished that it would be nice to have Rahman on board to render that grandeur. I was initially nervous to narrate the story to Rahman but he made me comfortable and listened to my narration and said that he would inform me in some time”.  The director adds, “After two weeks, when I got a message from Rahman about his confirmation, it gave me super confidence on my film”.

    Kaaviya Thalaivan also has the lyrics of the late Vaalee and that of Pa Vijay and Na Muthukumar.
  • 0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Copyright @ 2013 Peppers.